Tuesday, January 10, 2006

God's Blessings in the New Year

What a wonderful God I serve! We serve! He is so good! He does such a fantastic job of looking after us and guiding us day by day. I don't know how people can choose to live without Him. Life is already so full of confusion and hurt - why not let Him figure things out for us rather than trying to fight our own daily battles in this hurting world.
The journey that God has been taking me on in these past few months have revealed so many truths to me that it has been astounding. So many times we have been deceived over and over again by the master deceiver, our enemy, Satan. So many times he comes as an angel of light to manipulate and deceive our lives and to tell us so many lies. We cannot go through our day without God's Divine Intervention in our lives and His Divine Protection. We need Jesus! There's a song with that title and some of the words, "When will the world see that we need Jesus?" When will it? The world defies God and goes against His Will so many times. Romans 12:2 says "Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is." That is my desire! That on a daily basis, God would continue to transform my mind into the likeness of Christ and that I would be protected from the manipulations and the deceitfulness of the enemy.

Lord, open my eyes that I may see. That I may see what You are doing in the world around me. That I may see the lies around me and claim the truth over my life and the lives around me. That I may see what you are doing in my life. That if there are things in my life that don't honor or bring glory to you, that I would have the desire to change and to step away from those things and the courage and strength to do it. I love you God! I praise you for all you have done in my life and I praise you for all you will be doing in my life. I thank you for the challenges because they have only brought me closer to you. May my life be an offering to you and bring you glory, praise, and honor. In the wonderful name of Jesus, Amen.

It is exciting to me everytime a New Year begins. I look forward to what God is going to do in my life and in the lives of my family each day. We are all on a journey with Him and it is joy to live for Him. Is it easy all the time? No, it can be quite difficult. Oh, but the blessings that come with that journey are literally out of this world. Guaranteed! :-) TRUST GOD! I've learned that we need to trust God in capital letters. TRUST That is my journey for this year, simply to TRUST because He knows best and He sees the whole picture.

God bless you this New Year.

No comments: