Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Waves of the Galilee


Psalm 107:29
He calmed the storm to a whisper and stilled the waves.

I stood in awe, watching and listening and smelling the waves of the Sea of Galilee. It was filling my senses and raising my spirit. "How awesome are your handiworks O Lord" With tears in my eyes and joy in my heart, at the privilege I had to stand at the waters edge of the Galilee, knowing that my Savior walked on these very waters, that he calmed this very sea and he spoke to thousands on the shorelines while standing in a boat on this sea....I now stood here in awe. I had never seen waves on this sea before and the sound was wonderful and the view was breathtaking! Let the glory of the Lord, rise among us, let the praises of the King rise among us, let the songs of the Lord rise among us...let it rise. My heart was overflowing with gratitude to My King, My God, The Almight Omnipotent Holy One. Thank you God.

Job 9:8
He alone has spread out the heavens and marches on the waves of the sea.

Jeremiah 5:22
Have you no respect for me? Why don’t you tremble in my presence? I, the Lord, define the ocean’s sandy shorelineas an everlasting boundary that the waters cannot cross. The waves may toss and roar, but they can never pass the boundaries I set.



Matthew 4:18-19
One day as Jesus was walking along the shore of the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers—Simon, also called Peter, and Andrew—throwing a net into the water, for they fished for a living. Jesus called out to them, “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!”

Matthew 14:22-36
Immediately after this, Jesus insisted that his disciples get back into the boat and cross to the other side of the lake, while he sent the people home. After sending them home, he went up into the hills by himself to pray. Night fell while he was there alone.

Meanwhile, the disciples were in trouble far away from land, for a strong wind had risen, and they were fighting heavy waves. About three o’clock in the morning Jesus came toward them, walking on the water. When the disciples saw him walking on the water, they were terrified. In their fear, they cried out, “It’s a ghost!”

But Jesus spoke to them at once. “Don’t be afraid,” he said. “Take courage. I am here!”

Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.”

“Yes, come,” Jesus said.

So Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus. But when he saw the strong wind and the waves, he was terrified and began to sink. “Save me, Lord!” he shouted.

Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him. “You have so little faith,” Jesus said. “Why did you doubt me?”

When they climbed back into the boat, the wind stopped. Then the disciples worshiped him. “You really are the Son of God!” they exclaimed.

After they had crossed the lake, they landed at Gennesaret. When the people recognized Jesus, the news of his arrival spread quickly throughout the whole area, and soon people were bringing all their sick to be healed. They begged him to let the sick touch at least the fringe of his robe, and all who touched him were healed.

Mark 4:39
When Jesus woke up, he rebuked the wind and said to the waves “Silence! Be still!” Suddenly the wind stopped, and there was a great calm.

Luke 8:24-25
The disciples went and woke him up, shouting, “Master, Master, we’re going to drown!” When Jesus woke up, he rebuked the wind and the raging waves. Suddenly the storm stopped and all was calm. Then he asked them, “Where is your faith?” The disciples were terrified and amazed. “Who is this man?” they asked each other. “When he gives a command, even the wind and waves obey him!”

Can you see it with me my friend? Can you hear them telling their true stories? Can you see the Lord walking here? Oh how I hope you can.

Revelation 19:6
Then I heard again what sounded like the shout of a vast crowd or the roar of mighty ocean waves or the crash of loud thunder: “Praise the Lord! For the Lord our God, the Almighty, reigns.

He is coming again my friend, to be seen by you and me. One day, "every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord." Will you be ready for Him? Will you believe?

No comments: