Tuesday, April 27, 2010

ALL of my life, IN every season, YOU are still God!


This morning when I woke up, a song was on my heart: "ALL of my life, IN every season, YOU are still God and I have a reason to sing, I have a reason to worship!....ALL of my life, IN every season, YOU are still God and I have a reason to sing, I have a reason to worship!" This phrase just kept singing over and over again in my heart and mind. I love waking up to a song on my heart. Can we honestly sing the above words sisters? Can we? Oh I pray I can.
I was reading Micah 6:1-8 this morning and was reminded how God didn't want the Israelites animal sacrifices or their rivers of olive oil or their children as sacrifices to prove that they loved Him and were living for Him. He wanted their love and their obedience. In verse 8, God says "I have told you what is good and what is required of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God."
Sister, that is what God requires of us too....do what is right, love mercy and to walk humbly with Him. As I walk with Jesus, it is so extremely vital that nothing else takes top priority over God's expectations for me. But I so often fail in that...but then I am so thankful for His forgiveness and each new day that He gives me afresh to start over again. I stop and ask myself though....what DOES matter to me most? a sports team? fashion? my own time? Facebook? my family? money?.....or loving God in thought, word and action? Oh how I pray that each day the latter matters most to me.
What can direct us in each and every thing that we do? Oh to let nothing, NOTHING at all interfere with our deep love for God!
Here's something to think about. "Beware of spending too much time on things of too little importance." What comes to mind for you when you read that statement?
Another thing I was reminded of this morning is the question....is Jesus my co-pilot or my driver? With me at the wheel I turn on to the streets of self centeredness, greed or lust or I venture off into the swamps and ditches of pride or bitterness. If Jesus is driving, I don't take these turns. If I was crucified with Him as it says in Galatians 2:20, then he is at the wheel - He died so that He alone could live in me, take the wheel, drive and define my life and where I am going - that should be my JOY to let him drive! There may be bumps along the road but I can count on HIM to take me somewhere good.
Doesn't that just give you Jesus bumps sisters?? It does me.
I invite you to share your thoughts below as you read these words today.
Thank you God for each of my sisters in Christ...all at different places in their journey with You. Be with each and every one in a very special way and bless each one. Be real to them Father, touch their lives, move their spirit and speak to them in tangible ways. ALL of our lives, IN every season, YOU are still God and WE have a reason to sing, WE have a reason to worship............

Much love and prayers
your sister in Christ
Lisa

Please feel free to share your thoughts with me - I'd love to hear from you....just click on 'comments' and share your heart. :-)

4 comments:

paraslim force said...

really very good thank you for sharing.

Anita L L said...

Hello Lisa,
I was searching for a quote you mentioned "Beware of Spending Too Much Time on Things of Too Little Importance" because I wanted to share it with my children. That's how I came upon your post. I'm so glad that I did! It touched my heart this morning, causing tears of Joy. I sure needed this, because I was feeling quite sad this morning. The Words of that Song rang True within me: "All my life, in every season, You Are Still God, and I have a Reason to Sing! I have a Reason to Worship!" AMEN! It is a Pleasure to meet someone who has sought and found our Maker and is striving to Walk in Light out of Love and Respect for Him. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. I hope you don't mind that I made a copy of your post. I like to keep a record of Words that touch my heart.
P.S. Your Prayer was So Sweet. Thank You for it! Anita

Unknown said...

I'm so glad the Lord touched you through this ♡ To Him be all the glory! GOD BLESS YOU!!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad the Lord touched you through this ♡ To Him be all the glory! GOD BLESS YOU!!