Wednesday, December 01, 2010

God MADE Me!

God MADE me!  He knew every struggle, every weakness, each and EVERY day of our lives....even before we were born!  That amazes me!  Why?  Because He still loves us so!  He knew every mistake we’d ever make...and yet He loves us!
Psalm 139:13-16 “You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb.  Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!  Your workmanship is marvellous—and how well I know it.  You watched me as I was being formed in utter conclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.  You saw me before I was born.  Every day of my life was recorded in your book.  Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.”

Okay, so, God’s character goes into every single person He creates.  Why do we go through times when we feel worthless or inadequate or incompetent?  When I think of someone knitting, I think of dear caring hands carefully weaving together, not wanting any blemishes or links missed.  This is God, carefully putting together the intricate parts of our body.  
When I feel worthless and don’t love myself, I need to remember how God put me together... that God’s Spirit is ready and willing to work within me.  Because of His character in me, I am never alone and have to do things alone.  I know that I should have as much respect for myself as My Maker has for me.  Really, when God looks at me, He sees His beautiful creation, His perfect being he knit together, full of promise, love and endless possibilities, looking at us in all of our glory.  Just think.....God’s heart goes pitter patter every time he thinks of me or sees me.

But here’s the struggle.  Just as God’s character goes into each one of us, so does the characteristics of each of our parents.  A piece of my earthly father and a piece of earthly mother are woven into my own life.  I often struggled with why God chose to put me into my family or why He made me the way He did, or why I have the weaknesses and struggles that I do.  BUT, then I have to remember that God’s character is in each of them too!  Our bodies really are to be marvelled at!  God could have snapped His fingers and we could be made instantly.  But no, He stitched us, loop by loop, piece by piece, with great love and care.....just as He did each of our parents.  Yes, they make mistakes...but so do I. But God designed each one of us with the most amazing and unique characteristics.  He had a blueprint for each one of us..and a plan.  He knows how each and every step will turn out in the end.

So, if God knows each step, each day, each joy, each heartache.....then why do we question Him?  When certain circumstances happen in our life, why do we question Him?  If He knit us so carefully and with so much love, why do we question why He made us the way He did?  If He put His character into each one of us, why do we hate ourselves at times or find it so difficult to feel confident and lovely?  If God’s Spirit is in us, the love joy peace patience kindness goodness faithfulness and self-control, why do we find it so difficult to activate those characteristics? 

What makes you so special? What gifts has God crafted in you? What are those unique qualities you have that make you a masterpiece of God?  Oh dear sister, God made us special!!  We need to trust and pray that God is lovingly molding us into who He wants us to be through all the trials, challenges and joyful times that we go through.



The above was a 3rd assignment (to write a Mini Bible study) that I was given when I attended the speakers conference with Carol Kent in Nov 2010.

No comments: