Thursday, May 22, 2014

Getting Ready for the Journey


we can be normal too :)
Well, it's the day before I leave for an amazing journey walking in Turkey Greece...but thankfully not knee high in turkey grease :) Lol! I'm trying not to be too overwhelmed and giving each anxious/fearful thought to God. I know He has gone before me and prepared the way. I also know He will be leading the group for me as well. A couple of weeks ago I was asked by the tour company to lead the group in devotions and prayer each day as well as lead/coordinate Scripture times throughout the tour. This is an honor but at the same time, I feel very unqualified as well. But God knew this would be the case and I know He already has it all planned out! I am so thankful for my God who ALWAYS comes through and takes things each day to equip us and send us forth. He doesn't call the qualified, He equips the called....I tell myself that over and over again because I never feel qualified to do anything I do. I've co-led a few tours when I've been to Israel but this will be a little different for me. This isn't a group that I've organized and I won't know anyone in the group other than the dear friend that I'm travelling with. I'm so thankful for Tammy and this opportunity we have to do this thing together! : )

This month I haven't been as faithful in posting a blog on the 1st and 15th as I have the other months since I began the Scripture Memory journey. I've been fighting many feelings of defeat, being unworthy, being unqualified and discouragement. I should be used to it by now because these feelings often come in varying degrees when God is doing amazing things through Bible study, Women's Journey of Faith events, and other wonderful things happening in my life and in my family. God is doing amazing things and He is always at work stretching and growing us/me...but because of that, the enemy is always at work as well. Soooo...we just keep pluggin on : )  What choice do we have?! We don't stop what we're donig, we don't give in to those negative destructive feelings and we don't give up all that God has been doing in us. As a result of all that's been going on in my life and around me this month, many verses have come to mean a lot to me and I've had a hard time picking one to work on memorizing. So what I've done is written a few down on my cue cards and the reasoning behind them all and I will read them over and over again to build encouragement and remembrance. God has done and will continue to do great things.

our mammas with us when we were
just wee babes ♥ we're so
thankful for each of them...
we've come a long way baby!  :)
our 1st b-day pic on
May 11, 1987
Roger and I both celebrated our birthdays this month. ♥ His is on the 11th of May and mine is on the 15th. We've had 27 birthdays together now! :)  Roger celebrated his 50th and I celebrated my 45th. This September, Lord willing, we will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary...we were 25 and 20 when we got married.  :) So with celebrating our birthdays, speaking at a ladies retreat, finishing Bible studies, getting ready for Greece/Turkey ...this month has been very eventful....plus having 2 adult teen daughters in our home (our 21 yr old son recently moved out). It's a full house, full heart, full calendar and full everything. I would have never imagined my life to be where it is today. So very very thankful!! I'm loving the ages my kids are at now and we are just one month away from our youngest graduating....yes I will be thankful when high school is over. :)  Although it was in high school, in my grade 12 year, that I met my Roger, but when I met him I had already completed my final exams as I had finished the year in the 1st semester. It was so wonderful to be done early!

But back to my post....I keep going down memory lane today. :)  I'm excited and I'm coming up with random things....well not totally random cause they do have to do with this month. I'll add a few more pics of some of this months highlights and share my verses with you.

lovely Shekinah retreat centre
I was invited to speak here on the
first weekend of May
Such an incredibly lovely spot
along the South SK River
the view out my window...so breathtaking!!



 I love these young gals who have a heart to sponsor children! So blessed to connect these two gals together so they can build a great relationship together! Thank you for loving our Compassion kids!!
Another thing I love is visually seeing when God's Word comes ALIVE for someone while I'm speaking. This was an amazing doodle page one woman created while I was sharing Scripture. The enemy had been so down on me that for one session I JUST shared Scripture and God showed me through this 'doodle page' that His Word came ALIVE! So thankful for His Faithfulness!

On Saturday night I had envisioned angels camped all around the river hills and had shared that with some of the ladies. The next morning, the same woman who had doodled Scripture, had also drawn an angel and showed it to me. It brought me to tears! How faithful God is in letting us know that we are on the right track and that when we do things for Him and Him alone, we are blessed and He always finds ways to confirm that He wants us exactly where we are! This weekend moved my heart more than I can express. One of the verses from the weekend is one that I have written on a cue card to work on memorizing....

The teaching of your word gives light, so even the simple can understand. I pant with expectation, longing for your commands. Come and show me your mercy, as you do for all who love your name. Guide my steps by your word, so I will not be overcome by evil.
Psalm 119:130-133  NLT

In preparation for the Greece-Turkey tour, I've been watching Mark Driscoll's ""The Seven" sermon series which he teaches on location in Turkey. These sermons are on the 7 letters to the church of Revelation. I've just finished leading 3 Bible study groups through the Revelation study by Beth Moore and now I am leading a 4th group through that same study. It's incredibly precious to me that I get to journey to those exact places while this study is still going on in my home and then will return to share my experiences with my group of ladies. ♥  The other amazing thing is that I will also be starting a new Bible study on my own called 'Children of the Day' by Beth Moore, which will be done through her blog and is her newest Bible study. It is on the books of 1st & 2nd Thessalonians and it took root right in Thessaloniki....which I will also be walking in right at the time that this study will begin. How cool is that!! I began dreaming/planning for this tour to Greece/Turkey back in 2009 and it just amazes me that God plans things so specifically and strategically to bless us and make our walk with Him so incredibly exciting!!! :)  So yes!!  I am excited for this trip!! :)  As the verse in a photo above says "No eye can see, no ear has heard, no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9 NLT  If you feel your Christian journey on this earth is uneventful and boring, then I double dare you to ask God to spice it up...but you have to be willing to change your heart and your attitude. It is an exciting adventure on this earth walking with God! Try it! :)

Okay, I gotta wrap it up cause I gotta go finish packing....
Just this week I've been feeling a bit anxious about leaving my family and a bit fearful of going to a strange/new country and God did it again...just plopped a verse right in front of me...the first one for me to read in the morning.

"Haven't I commanded you: be strong and courageous, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9  HCSB 

and another one to remind me when I'm too hard on my body and get discouraged by all the sexual immorality that is penetrating and filling this world:

"Our bodies were not made for sexual immorality but were made to serve the Lord and the Lord cares about our bodies."
1 Corinthians 6:13 

and then one that is repeated at the end of every letter to the 7 Churches of Revelation

"Anyone who is willing to hear should listen to the Spirit and understand what the Spirit is saying to the churches."
Revelation 2:29 NLT

Speak Lord, we want to listen. Show us amazing things. Teach us Your ways! Take the boring, uneventful and complacency out of our walk with You and give us a thirst and a desire for You like we've never ever had before!! Lead me Father....I know You're taking me on an amazing journey....here I am....use me....I will not fear or worry or fret.....I CAN do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me.....AMEN! ♥

wrapped up the inner city study
with an amazing group of ladies
we loved journeying through
Mary Kasian's study called
Girls Gone Wise
www.girlsgonewise.com
had a wonderful seminar with
Kimberley L. Smith who wrote
Passport Through Darkness
she's involved in an amazing
work of rescuing girls and
boys in the Sudan
www.kimberlylsmith.com
www.makewaypartners.com

had an incredible opportunity
to meet Reynold and Kathy Mainse
originally from 100 Huntley Street
who are now involved with an
amazing ministry called
World Embrace
www.worldembrace.org 


No comments: