Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Doing Some More Catch Up on Scripture Memory ♥

I'm not sure what's happened here on my blog but I found another post that hadn't been published. So sorry. Here's another one that's been written a while back that I'm just posting now :) It's time to do some catchup! ♡

Hey friends, I hope your summer has been wonderful! And I hope you've still been staying in the Word of God and hiding Scriptures in your heart through memorization. I've been doing some but not nearly as much as I should be....but I've still been writing them down on my recipe cue cards and keeping them in my Bible. Through Bible studies, the tours I've been on recently, devotions, sermons I hear and other things, God always gives me verses to hang on to and I love to write them down and keep them in my Bible.    It's been June since my last post on Scripture memory so I'd like to share my July, August, and September verses on here and I pray they will speak to you as much or even more than they spoke to me :) 

July 1
"Give fair judgement to the poor and the orphan; uphold the rights of the oppressed and the destitute. Rescue the poor and the helpless; deliver them from the grasp of evil people. But these oppressors know nothing; they are so ignorant! And because they are in darkness, the whole world is shaken to the core." - Psalm 82:3-5 NLT
I chose this verse because being in Ecuador with my daughter with Compassion, I saw lots of poor and also knowing how many young girls are trapped in the sex trade breaks my heart...so these verses are very encouraging.
July 15
"God is working in you giving you the desire to obey Him and the power to do what pleases Him." - Philippians 2:13 NLT
There's a lot of stuff that I do and a friend had once asked me, Lisa are you Lisa 'being' or Lisa 'doing"? I do lots and I thrive on it but I also know that I couldn't do any of it if it weren't for the Lord giving me the strength to do it and the power to do it and the desire to do it. To HIM be the glory for all that He accomplishes through my life. 
Aug 1
"Your decrees are wonderful. No wonder I obey them. As your words are taught, they give light; even the simple can understand them. I open my mouth, panting expectantly, longing for your commands. Come and show me your mercy, as you do for all who love your name." - Psalm 119:129-132
I LOVE these verses and can't quite remember how I came across them. I think it was in the Children of the Day study actually. God's word is so alive and active and life-changing. They change us from the inside out and make us beautiful from the inside. Stay in the Word my friends...it what makes you shine and be beautiful when you're spending time in them every day. 

My verse for August 15

"All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable 
for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for 
training in righteousness, so that the 
man of God may be complete, 
equipped for every good work." 

2 Timothy 3:16-17 HCSB

I've read these verses a number of times over my life of Bible study but OH WOW! They struck me anew today with the depth of meaning that was behind these verses. What amazing verses!! I am/you are NOT complete or able to rightly teach or correct or rebuke or are trained in righteousness or equipped for good works if I am/you are NOT in the Word of God! Plain and simple! Being in the Word is extremely important in our daily life and it teaches us ALL we need to know in order to life a full and complete life. 
When I came upon this verse again, and wrote out it out, I was journeying through the Children of the Day Bible study by Beth Moore and I was going through it with thousands of other women across the globe through her Living Proof Ministries blog. In it, I had just read how William Tyndale had died by being strangled and then burned at the stake and the bishops of the church committed his soul to the devil because he translated the Holy Scriptures into English in 1526. My tears were constant as I wrote these verses out, knowing that I wouldn't be reading my Bible today had it not been for this man sacrificing his. You can read some of his story here William Tyndale and the Birth of the English Bible or from Wikipedia William Tyndale but the best version of his story is in Christianity Today Tyndale's Betrayal and Death 

Sept 1
"....the one who maintains his faith will not panic." - Isaiah 28:16 NET
"....the one who believes will be unshakable." - Isaiah 28:16 HCSB
This verse came up in the Beth Moore simulcast on Saturday and I LOVED it. Earlier in the verse it talks about Jesus the Messiah being the cornerstone, the sure foundation, the rock and then ends with this part that I want engrained into my soul....the one who maintains his (her) faith will not panic...will be unshakable! That's how I want my faith to be....
Sept 15
"Don't gloat when your enemy falls, and don't let your heart rejoice when he stumbles." - Proverbs 24:17 HCSB
During the Beth Moore Simulcast on Saturday, she was talking about how women treat women and how many times it does not honor God when our attitudes and actions are more human than godly. This verse was a great reminder that I need to rejoice with women when they succeed and have wonderful things happen in their lives and I need to be careful with my heart attitude if I see someone else struggling with things that I struggle with too. The devil likes to come into our thoughts or attitudes in very sneaky ways and loves to plant certain things in our minds at times...we gotta know what to do with them...give them to Jesus and not let any of it take root. 
SOOOOOO, there ya have it!!! I'd love to see some of yours that you've been recording and memorizing the past couple of months. Let's get this group back up to speed with Scriptures!! 

No comments: