Friday, December 11, 2015

God With Us - Prayer

I haven't been feeling well for a few days this week. This post had been shared on Facebook but I'd like to share it with you here too.

At one point my dog Gracie propped herself up on my hand as if to say "are you feeling better mamma?" :) She's so sweet laying by my feet  watching over me <3 It reminds me of how Jesus is continually by our side through the Holy Spirit. Emmanuel - God with us. The Jesus Calling verses today say 'do not fear..I am with you..I am your God..I will strengthen you and help you..I will guide you..My right hand will guide you..consider it pure joy when you go through trials..'

I'm going through the Finding Freedom study by my friend Lorie Hartshorn. She talks of how in Isaiah God promises to 'strengthen those with tired hands and weak knees'. Lorie shares how her & her hubby prayed for their kids for 7 years while they were caught in drugs, alcohol and had walked away from God. We're in a battle daily my friends. Whether it's for our kids, marriages, families, loved ones or for our own relationship with God, we ARE in a battle. Lorie also says how the 'Lord of Heaven's Armies is on our side', He is among us, His face shines upon us even when the days seem dark and challenging.

In 2 Kings Elisha's servant's eyes were opened to the Lord of Heaven’s Armies surrounding them, ready to battle the enemy on their behalf. That is what is happening on a daily basis my friends. Psalm 46:7 NLT "The Lord of Heaven's Armies is here among us..." You need to hear that today. I love the song by Chris Tomlin "the God of Angel Armies IS always by my side"  HE IS!! BELIEVE IT! Our battle is NOT against flesh and blood but against the armies of darkness. I experienced it the other day when I opened my front door and was instantly gripped with fear because there was a dark shadow lurching on my front rug. It's ok if you think that's a little crazy but I know its not. Its very real. It was the night of the amazing skies and I was just going to get one more pic of 'the glory of God' before the darkness settled. 'O Lord' I said and the shadow went away. I knew it was evil crouching at my door. Pray for protection friends! The enemy prowls looking to steal kill destroy. Resist him and he will flee.

No comments: