Wednesday, November 09, 2005

God Looking Down



A while ago I had that wonderful opportunity to take some aerial photos from a very small airplane. I'll never forget that experience. It reminded me so much of how God looks down on us all looking so small and insignificant - to ourselves that is. To God we are VERY significant and super special. We are the best part of His creation because He made us in His image. Isn't that wonderful?? That should make us feel so loved and important.
I had taken a few photos of some friends places and a school and had put a scripture verse on each one. WOW! Did that ever make those places come to life for me. Really, there is not one thing that is ours - everything is God's. The more we acknowledge that everything we have is God's and our attitude towards it changes, God continues to bless us more and more. He is so good!
The motto of this school is to "stand strong in the Lord and in the power of His might." What a motto to have whether its for our home, our heart, our school or our workplace; to stand strong in the Lord is the best place to stand.
Another of my favorite verses is "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!" Putting that verse on an aerial photo of an acreage just brings the meaning of that photo to life. Just like that one verse that talks about the mountains shouting out for joy and the trees clapping their hands. What we make here on earth, and if it's done in the right heart and we know that God owns it, everything can bring praise to God. So, for this acreage owner, their claim is from the bottom of their heart - as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord! That's how we can honor God the most, by serving Him wholeheartedly. I hope we can all say that.
As God looks down on us, we may think He sees us as little matchbox cars and houses, but He sees much much more. He sees His beautiful creation in us and He sees how we are going to be when His work in us is completed. It doesn't matter to Him what we've done, but what we are becoming. We are made in His image and we are beautiful to Him.
God bless you today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog you got here! I just started mine about texas holdem odds so stop on by to learn everything you wanted to know about texas holdem odds.