Since my 2nd journey to Israel in 2009, I’ve been dreaming of continuing on to the footsteps of the Apostle Paul and also to ‘see’ the Churches of Revelation through the eyes of the Apostle John while walking through the land. On my 3rd journey with a group to the Holy Land, my tour guide Arie Harel and I began planning for the Greece/Turkey tour for 2014. It was so exciting! God had now brought me to the Holy Land with all of my family – 2008 with my hubby, son and pastor; 2009 with my middle daughter, 2011 with my youngest daughter – and now my heart yearned to go even deeper into the history of the church and the apostles….to continue the story of the New Testament after the time of Jesus. OH! I couldn’t wait! But in 2012, Jodi Kozan asked if I was willing to take WJOF on a tour to Israel in 2013. After prayer and discussion I agreed, still knowing that my heart was yearning to go to Greece and Turkey in 2014. So the journey to Israel with WJOF became my first venture to the Holy Land without a member of my family, but my 4th trip in total. Jodi and I discussed the possibility of partnering together for this journey to Greece as well, so that is how we’ve come to this place…and now you will know… the rest…of the story. :)  It’s been an absolutely amazing journey that God has had me on! Oh how I praise Him for instilling the yearning in my heart to venture deeper with Him in this way! It is such a joy and a delight to take women on these tours and to grasp the writings in Scripture in such a brand new way walking in the footsteps of Jesus and the Apostles!
2013-04-04T12-46-06_21
sunset from Santorini – cruise ship in the distance
Anytime that I have read in the New Testament from one of Paul’s letters and studying the maps in my Bible, I’ve often thought how amazing it would be to see that part of the world and cruise through those seas. This past winter/spring, my son attended Capernwray Hall Bible school in England and after he was finished, he travelled throughout Europe. He came home with many beautiful photos, including ones from Athens and Corinth. It was amazing to see some of the places that my tour guide, Arie, had mapped out for us on our trip itinerary. I also have a lady in one of my Bible study groups who went on a tour to Israel and Greece with her husband at the same time that our WJOF tour was in Israel. She has some amazing photos from her trip as well and was gracious to allow me to use her photos to post in the gallery here on this blog for us to enjoy. They had taken the 3 day cruise that we will be embarking on and so I totally enjoyed meeting together with her to see all her wonderful photos! :) Lorna Dueck from Listen Up TV had led a tour to Turkey through the 7 Churches three years ago and had sent me her teaching video from that. She had done an amazing job putting that video together and it has been a great teaching tool for me! I had followed along on her blog and was completely enthralled with all these places she had gone to see.  I am so thankful for these three dear ones in my life, that God has given me such an incredible sweet glimpse into this next tour through their eyes. I am always in awe of what God has planned for me, for you, and how He continually orchestrates our lives to blend in and compliment one another through our individual experiences. So amazing, so divine! I love it!
Temple of the Goddess of Fertility in Athens
Temple of the Goddess of Fertility in Athens
A couple of weeks ago I was reading in my morning devotions about Paul in Athens and “being deeply troubled by all the idols he saw everywhere in the city. He went to the synagogue to debate with the Jews and the God-fearing Gentiles, and he spoke daily in the public square to all who happened to be there.” (Acts 17:16-17) So “they had taken him to the Council of Philosophers” (in Greek it’s ‘the Areopagus’ which is Mars Hill) because they wanted him to tell them more about this ‘new religion’.  For a time the Council had met on a low hill in Athens near the Acropolis. As Paul stood there and spoke about the one true God, his audience could look down on the city and see the many idols representing gods that Paul knew were absolutely worthless.  “So Paul, standing before the Council (in Greek it reads ‘in the middle of the Areopagus’), addressed them as follows: “Men of Athens, …I notice that you are very religious, for as I was walking along I saw your many altars. And one of them had this inscription on it–‘To an Unknown God.’ You have been worshiping him without who he is, and now I wish to tell you about him.'” And then Paul went on to tell the people about our amazing Creator God “who made the world and everything in it.” (Acts 17:19-33). Paul had such a gifted way of addressing every group of people he ministered to in a way that they understood.  I’ve always admired that about him and would love for God to give me that same gift. :)  To stand in that place and to read these Scriptures would be so amazing!
Mars Hill
view of Mars Hill from the Acropolis in Athens
My prayer is that you can join us my friends! Wouldn’t you love to? :)  I know you would and I would love to have you with us. The journey will be absolutely breathtaking, so very insightful and giving us such a deeper understanding of the very beginnings of the early church. Come walk with us, ride with us, sail with us and fly with us to a beautiful land you will not forget. A full schedule can be viewed in the Tours/Greece 2014 section on this blog. To register, go to Home and click on the Greece/Turkey photo to pay your deposit to hold your spot on this amazing trip of a lifetime.
Blessings to you dear ones! Until we meet on these pages once again! ♥  Lisa Braun

Click here to watch the Greece Turkey promo video :)