Saturday, August 20, 2005

A Devotion: God Cares

The devotional that I had two days ago really spoke to me. I've been reading through the book of Hosea and the last chapter, chapter 14, had some really good things to say in the extra notes in my Bible. My husband Roger and I have been reading through the Bible in chronological order. This time we've been reading through it in the New Living Translation. This version has really been speaking to both of us with it's simple everyday language. We've been really enjoying it! My Bible is a Life Application Bible and it has notes for each chapter of how the Word applies to our everyday lives. I've learned so much from it.

This last part of Hosea really spoke to me and touched my soul. It's taken from the notes for Chap. 14 verses 3-8:


"When our will is weak, when our thinking is confused, and when our conscience is burdened with a load of guilt, we must remember that God cares for us continually; his compassion never fails. When friends and family desert us, when co-workers don't understand us, and when we are tired of being good, God's compassion never fails. When we can't see the way or seem to hear God's voice, and when we lack courage to go on, God's compassion never fails. When our shortcomings and our awareness of our sins overcome us, God's compassion never fails."
This just touched my heart so much because I have failed many times but God has always been there. People have often let me down and I have often let others down - because we're all human with sin in us. It doesn't matter how many times I fall or mess up, God cares and He's there for me. He is quick to forgive when I take responsibility for my own actions and confess my failures and my sins. What a wonderful God we serve!

No comments: