Sunday, August 21, 2005

The Eagle



This was my first photo that I added scripture to and had printed onto canvas. I love this one! It's my favorite so far - it was very fitting for one of my favorite verses in the Bible.
I took this picture when I was in BC in February visiting my sister. I was there for a week. It was a wonderful time with her and the first time I had ever been on a plane out of the province. A couple of years ago I had the opportunity to go on a floater plane at Christopher Lake with some wonderful people but I had never been on a large plane. It was absolutely breathtaking!
BC has many eagles. I've seen them here in SK too and have taken pictures of them but I loved this one in the tree. It was just so fitting to add this verse from Isaiah. Putting the photo onto canvas just made the picture come alive.
A copy of this photographic canvas print is also hanging in my home church, Cornerstone Church, in Saskatoon displayed above the prayer altar in the sanctuary. It just speaks so clearly of the strength that we have in God, how when we "wait on the Lord we will soar on wings as eagles." What a picture of God's faithful strength that He gives us each day when we pray to Him. The strength, the power, the faith and trust that He gives us through prayer is like no other - no one can give us that but God. He did not put us on this earth to go through life alone, He is there with us each step of the way and our prayers to Him give us what we need each day to make it through the challenging and stressful times of life.

Various size prints of this are available for sale as well as canvas, blank greeting cards and inspirational pocket cards to pass on to encourage others. Please contact me for more info.

If you would like more information about Cornerstone Church, please check out the website at www.cornerstone-church.ca or contact them by email at cornerstone@sasktel.net

No comments: