Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Believing God

This Fall, I've been leading 3 Bible study groups of women on a study called "Believing God" by Beth Moore. It has just been incredible!! God has been stretching our faith so greatly and has been showing us many new and wonderful things. I can't say enough about this study. I'll share some more later in more detail.

If you'd like more information on Beth Moore and her studies, you can go to www.lifeway.com and click on Beth Moore. I believe she also has a website called www.bethmoore.com that you can check out.


I've shared a number of things on Facebook as well about the study:
(The following is what I shared on the Women's Bible Studies Facebook site)

On October 3/07, I shared this:

When I was in Bolivia in '06, I attended a Bible Study with Dorothy Fehr and they were studying Believing God. After just one session, I knew I wanted to bring it back to Saskatchewan. In September, 3 different groups started this study - about 50 ladies and I lead the groups. I feel very small and inadequate but with my BIG GOD, He can use me and work through me if I am willing. It is an incredible study!! God has worked in the group already and has worked on me. I recommend it to anyone.

On October 11/07, I shared this:

This "Believing God" study by Beth Moore is just incredible! WOW! Is God stretching my faith bigtime. It is soooo good!
5 major truths to apply to everyday life bigtime are these:
1. GOD IS WHO HE SAYS HE IS.
2. GOD CAN DO WHAT HE SAYS HE CAN DO.
3. I AM WHO GOD SAYS I AM.
4. I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST.
5. GOD'S WORD IS ALIVE AND ACTIVE IN ME.

I'M BELIEVING GOD!

Ladies, I'm believing God!! He's so real!

On Oct. 18/07, I shared this:

WOW! I can hardly describe how I'm feeling right now. I know God is working on me and in my life and is preparing me for something. Nov. 05 at a Women's Journey of Faith conference God touched me in a way that I've never been touched before. I knew then that He was preparing me for something. When He prepares you, it takes time before it is fulfilled. I know that know. Today, during the 5th week of this study, He confirmed to me that He is still preparing me, He is with me, I am to be strong and courageous and HE WILL NEVER FAIL ME! even if I have such a fear of failing Him - ooohhh, how I don't want to fail My God. He's movin in my heart big time and showing me wonderful things. I praise Him because I am fearfully and wonderfully made! Give me confidence God to do what You have called me to do. Reveal to me more the calling You have for me through all this.

I also shared on the Beth Moore facebook site and this is what I shared on there:

I am leading 3 groups of women in the study "Believing God" and am being blessed beyond description. God has somethin with the #3. By the 3rd time that I've watched it in 24 hours, the teaching is so engrained in me that my spirit wants to land on my knees and cry. We're only on #5 and I can't even relay to you how the assignments and the videos (3 times each week) have been speaking to my heart and my life. God touched me in an incredible way 2 years ago and I knew then that He was beginning to prepare me for something. Today, it was so much more confirmed to me through the 5th video of Believing God, that He is still preparing me for something no matter how afraid I am of failing Him. He has told me through Beth, through sharing from Beth about Kay Arthur, that I am to be strong and courageous and HE WILL NOT FAIL ME! That message just came across so strong on me today. Lord, I am willing. Please be with me wherever you take me.God bless you Beth for writing this study.

This was the quickest way I could share with you tidbits of what's been on my very full heart! I hope you didn't mind.
If you've taken any Beth Moore studies and you'd like to share, please leave a comment.

God bless you all!

2 comments:

DeeDee said...

What does the blue ribbon mean that everyone is wearing--I missed the first lesson and am a little behind.

Lisa's Pic's said...

The blue ribbon signifies the tassels that the Israelites were to wear on their garments to remember what God had done and from where He had brought them. Also to signify the 5 statement pledge of faith:
1. God is who He says He is.
2. God can do what He says He can do.
3. I am who God says I am.
4. I can do all things through Christ.
5. God's Word is alive and active in me.

Wow! It's been a year since I've taken the study and I can still say those from memory! :-)

Currently we are taking "Living Beyond Yourself". It's an incredible study on the Fruit of the Spirit. Definitely being taught to live beyond myself.

God bless you as you journey through the Believing God study Deedee.