Tuesday, April 25, 2006

LIGHTNING IN BOLIVIA

Lightning in Bolivia was unbelievable!! I've never seen storms quite like I saw them here. Plus, I've never been able to capture lightning the way I was able to here - it was so much fun!! :-) Whenever the thunder rolled, you would hear car alarms going off all over the place. Even if the storm wasn't close, it just rumbled all around you and shook. I was fascinated! I stood on this porch and snapped pics for about 45 min and I got some great shots. I'm far from being a pro at it yet, but now that I've done it, I'll know what things to try another time at home when we have lightning storms. Guaranteed, I'll be out on my front porch snappin shots of lightning! :-)




Lightning reminds me of Jesus coming back to earth to reign forever. There's a verse in Matthew 24 that reads "For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be." (verse 27) That is how Jesus will return, in a blink of an eye and we will know He is coming. It is so important to have the confidence that He is living in our hearts, that we accept that He died on the cross for our sins and rose from the grave to live forever. If we do not accept that truth, we will not have eternal life. We can have the confident assurance that we will go to heaven to be with Jesus when we die if we only believe in Him and accept God's free gift of salvation. Accept Him today if you haven't already.

 Posted by Picasa

No comments: