Tuesday, May 09, 2006

MORE PICS OF 1st COLONY VISIT

Here a customer was coming to my cousins store that was adjacent to their house to purchase some goods. Young people drove these buggies all the time.
The tree on the left is an orange tree but the oranges were green.
This was the main store in this village on the colony. Each colony can have a number of villages on it. People from other villages on this colony would come to shop here. It was so cool seeing all these horse and buggies parked here in the store parking lot rather than cars and trucks. I felt like I was back in time. :-) Very unique!
At one point, I walked around the corner of the house, and the 3 young girls had just finished butchering 2 chickens for lunch. I wish I would've walked around the house sooner but I was waiting as long as I possibly could to go to the bathroom. I was not looking forward to going pee in the outhouse. :-) But, when you gotta go, you gotta go. That was not a good experience being in that outhouse. Never look down the hole. YUCK! The bugs were sooooooo grosz!
But, the chicken tasted good that we had for lunch so that was a plus. :-) Can't say I've ever had freshly butchered chicken before.
Here is where we stood on the peak of the world. Amazingly breathtaking! I don't know how else to explain it. But as I said in the story earlier, standing up here on peak of the world did not compare to how I felt sitting with my uncle holding his hand and telling him of God's love for him and explaining God's free gift of salvation to all mankind. Nothing on earth can compare to being used by God to accomplish His mission through us. Nothing at all! Man cannot buy that no matter how hard we try. Posted by Picasa

No comments: